You cannot miss a journey into the colorful and chaotic streets of the ‘Pink City’ this holiday season! Jaipur City, the capital of Rajasthan has much more to offer than its rich and enthralling cultural heritage and historical monuments. Wonderfully blended into a heady mix of the old and new, this city today holds the crown of being the most flamboyant state of India.
As diversified as can be, this is a city where one can spot camels and buses gushing on the streets along with the cycle rickshaws and shiny cars! Amidst this crazy mayhem lie the serene and tranquil splendors of Jaipur’s majestic forts and palaces. What adds to one’s awe is that the heart of the city is still the home to the former royal family. A Jaipur Sightseeing Package evokes a sense of sheer wonder and curiosity as to how the ancient India lived and evolved thereafter!
A Jaipur City Tour will take you around the below mentioned must visit tourist destinations in the city:
- City Palace : Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II had created a walled enclosure around the Jaipur City Palace. This palace incorporates both Mughal and Rajput style of architecture. One section of the palace still has one of the previous royal families as its residents. The Chandra-Mahal is a seven-storeyed tower is located within the walls of the palace.
- Hawa Mahal : This famous ‘Palace of Winds’ was contructed by the famous poet- Sawai Pratap Singh. It is a huge 5-storeyed structure constructed with pink sandstones and has 356 delicately carved windows. Its basic purpose was to allow the women of the royal families to view the life on the streets.
- Amber Fort : This enchanting palace sits in between rustic and rugged hills. It is a classic blend of the Mughal and Rajput culture. It is made of white marble and red sandstone.
- Jantar Mantar : Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh built the Jantar Mantar and it is considered to be the largest astronomical observatories. This has been built in such a way that it can measure time, track the plants orbiting the sun and track the other celestial bodies.
- Nahargarh Fort : This Fort lies on the northern frontier of Jaipur. It was built by jai Singh to defend Amber in 1734.
- Jal Mahal : This beautiful Lake Palace looks enchanting amidst the deep blue waters of the lake. Its sand colored walls and the sunlight makes it a wonderfully contrasting citadel in the lake. It appears to float in the lake and is thronged by tourists.
- Jaigarh Fort : This is one of the most magnificent forts of Jaipur built by Sawai Jai Singh II. Though it has an ancient form of construction, it still stands magnificently tall and has an imposing and a strong appearance. It also houses the world’s largest canon called the Jaiban inside the Fort.
- Albert hall Museum : This exquisite museum lies in the center of the Ram Niwas Garden. It was designed by Swinton Jacob in a Indo-Sarcenic way. It has a huge collection of metal objects, carpets, sculptures, arms and ammunitions, ivory and stone goods and many more valuable things.
These and many more like the Birla Mandir, Govndji Temple, Rambagh Palace, Raj Mandir Cinema, etc will be covered during your Jaipur City Tour. Apart from Jaipur sightseeing Package do not miss on shopping on the streets of the city.